New York, NY
Outreach and Participation Services
In coordination with the regional teams, the Outreach Associate will help manage institutional participation interest within the region for all products and services and all communities (e.g. higher education, secondary schools, government and non-profits, corporate and for-profit, public libraries). Our organization and this role will provide you with an opportunity few other companies can offer including:
Our organization and this role will provide you with an opportunity few other companies can offer including:
- The ability to work directly with school libraries and help them in solving their issues to support the growing demand for new content.
- Work with a committed team of individuals, some being librarians, who are dedicated to supporting the needs of all participants.
- Enjoy an environment that supports internal growth and opportunities for professional development.
- Be a part of a not-for-profit organization that is growing in the market and creating new products to support the ongoing teaching and research needs of academic libraries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tracking contact information and "pipeline" status in Sugar CRM database (customer relationship management tool);
- Managing the processing of all license agreements, amendments and riders;
- Assisting with proposal development and reporting, including consortia/systems/groups in the region;
- Working with the Licensing and Fulfillment teams to establish access;
- Liaise with Finance team for invoice processing, collections, and ‘shut-off’ notices;
- Setting up trial access for interested institutions;
- Facilitating various communications (mail and email) to participants and potential participants, including new collection (product) announcements, specific and targeted campaigns, conference and other meeting announcements;
- Generating quotes, holdings, and processing book orders;
- Facilitating special projects as needed.
Challenges You’ll Overcome
The Outreach Associate will be supporting the Institutional Participation Coordinators (IPCs) in supporting Outreach efforts such as reviewing ongoing participation and usage data and supporting various projects designed to improve participation. We have recently incorporated Miller Heiman Strategic Selling across our group, so quickly getting up to speed on this will help ensure your success in the position. Lastly, having a desire to work with and support libraries and scholarly research is essential in determining how successful you will be in this position.
Skills, Experience, and Characteristics
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Strong email, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work well as a team member; a willingness to actively participate in team projects and share ideas.
- Fluent in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision and to prioritize diverse work assignments.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Strong commitment and interest in ITHAKA’s mission and outreach efforts.
Work for us
Come join our team of talented and dedicated people with great ideas who want to make the world a smarter place. Individuals will be rewarded with excellent career development and a fantastic benefits package which includes:
- Choice of two medical plans, one at no cost to the employee
- Employer paid dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs
- Employer contributed retirement and much, much more
ITHAKA is an equal opportunity employer.