QUALITY ASSURANCE AUTOMATION ENGINEER
Ann Arbor, MI
When joining our QA team, you can expect to receive adequate tool and product training. We have an excellent onboarding program, which enables new engineers to become productive very quickly. A QA lead will work closely with you as you begin engaging your assigned agile team. This individual will provide you with constant support as we work to make you comfortable in your new environment. Those in leadership roles will work tirelessly to set you up for success.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Automation Engineer are:
- Responsible for automation and execution of testing for ITHAKA products/applications.
- Design and implement test automation frameworks using a programming language with Cucumber.
- Perform user story validation including the use of exploratory test methodologies.
- Interface closely with engineers to ensure applications are designed to be testable while ensuring tags, object ID’s, component and page name standards are in place.
- Ensure that automation follows a consistent, maintainable, and extendable architecture.
- Run automation suites and evaluate results as builds are deployed to the test environment, ensuring bug reports are submitted and tracked in accordance with unit procedures.
- Identify and clearly document errors and inconsistencies in the functionality, usability and performance of the software using defect tracking tools.
- Clearly communicate test activities, escalation of problems, improvement opportunities and results in oral and written methods for a diverse audience.
- Adhere to agile methodologies while fostering collaboration and continuous improvements on your scrum team.
Skills, Experience, and Characteristics
- 3 or more years of prior work experience in software testing or quality assurance role.
- Proficient with test automation approaches and processes. Tools/technology preferences include Cucumber or Selenium, Ruby or Java, GitHub, JSON, Jenkins, Sauce Labs, and JIRA.
- Good understanding of Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) practices in a continuous delivery environment.
- Working knowledge of debugging and root cause analysis.
- Superior attention to detail as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills who thrives on finding and resolving issues.
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively with others.
Work for us
Come join our team of talented and dedicated people with great ideas who want to make the world a smarter place. Individuals will be rewarded with excellent career development and a fantastic benefits package that includes:
- Choice of two medical plans, one at no cost to the employee
- Employer paid dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs
- Employer contributed retirement and much, much more
ITHAKA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.