Our organization and this role are unique and will provide you with an opportunity few other places can offer including:
- The chance to work with a small, tight-knit team, in an environment that is continually evolving through the use of new, modern platforms and services in the ITHAKA data centers.
- Opportunities to maintain, enhance, and implement efficiencies focused on business operations hosted on Windows servers.
- Relationships with business owners where you provide value-added benefits by developing solutions to address business needs.
- Being part of a group with standardized procedures and workflows, and direct engagement with Desktop Support and Infrastructure team members.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
The Windows Administrator’s responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Maintaining the Windows server systems of the business operations services so that they have greater than 99.9% uptime.
- Triaging support calls, resolving as appropriate, and/or gathering relevant data to expedite the resolution process by Systems Engineers.
- Installing and maintaining Windows operating systems (Windows 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2), including routine security patching and performance tuning.
- Maintaining Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Assisting Systems Engineers in providing ongoing support and maintenance for email communications systems (Exchange 2013).
- Continually enhancing monitoring and alerting systems, ensuring engineering staff are alerted on actionable items.
- Defining and providing performance metrics.
- Developing clear, concise procedural and system documentation.
- Writing scripts in administrative languages (e.g. PowerShell, Visual Basic) and debug/modify programs.
- Interacting with vendors as needed.
- Travel between the offices will be required (10%), as is after-hours support.
You will also be responsible for the following:
- Aid in the design and implementation of technical solutions for both internal and external business functions. This may include new hardware and software tools to support this growing entity.
- Continuing maintenance cycles in order to maintain our current support agreements with hardware and software vendors.
- Develop and grow ITHAKA’s security awareness in the IT arena through tool/solution research, and selection process.
- Identify, develop, and refine procedures and processes to continuously improve the operations of the IT organization with manageable, scalable standards and best practices.
Skills, Experience, and Characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree, technical degree, or equivalent work experience, education/training, etc.
- 1-3 years of hands-on experience as a Windows, system administrator.
- Any vendor certifications related to server OS or server based applications.
- Experience installing third-party software.
- Must have prior experience managing Active Directory.
- An understanding of virtualization for Windows environments.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of security.
- Must be comfortable managing multiple projects and day–to-day activities.
- Must have the ability to work closely with a multi-location, multidiscipline team and should have communication skills to overcome the distances between locations.
- The successful candidate will be a creative professional, who can work both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience with enterprise monitoring systems, VmWare/ESX, and Citrix/Xen are highly desirable.
- Applicant must be able to lift 50lbs and work with data wiring overhead on ladders.
Work for us
Come join our team of talented and dedicated people with great ideas who want to make the world a smarter place. Individuals will be rewarded with excellent career development and a fantastic benefits package that includes:
- Choice of two medical plans, one at no cost to the employee
- Employer paid dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs
- Employer contributed retirement and much, much more
ITHAKA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.