ITHAKA’s mission is to expand access to knowledge and education around the world. Our services — Artstor, JSTOR, Portico, and Ithaka S+R — enable people everywhere to learn, to grow, and to overcome historical barriers to education. In carrying out our mission, as employees we feel a deep responsibility to each other and our well-being, and are committed to building and sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
ITHAKA is looking for a bright, detail oriented Cyber Security Architect who can achieve results that enable the organization to assure the highest possible levels of protection of its information systems and data. As a Cyber Security Architect you’ll be responsible for ensuring that our software, hardware and overall computer systems are secured and protected from cyber-attacks. You’ll need to be up to date on the latest, best practices, be meticulous in your problem solving, and work well under pressure. You’ll also need to develop new systems and methodologies to address vulnerabilities, have exceptional IT capabilities, and be able to guide the company through a cyber-attack and incident response plan, if necessary. Most importantly you will have the capability to work in a collaborative team environment using influence and persuasion to get things done.
- Analyze existing security policies and systems and make recommendations for changes or improvements balancing business needs with risk assessment
- Design security architecture and develop detailed designs
- Build security practices into agile development methods
- Manage relationship and oversee work with a managed services provider
- Prepare reports and action plans in the event that a security breach does occur
- Organize and conduct tests, including penetration tests, and “ethical hacks” of the existing security and systems architecture
- Monitor the network and provide proactive response to alerts of abnormalities or problems
- Upgrade systems regularly to remain competitive in the field of security
- Assure systems and policies are documented according to current SOC 2 control criteria and conduct SOC 2 examinations on critical control components
- Keep technical knowledge current through continuing education
- Provide system updates and recommend secure coding practices
- Provide regular communication to stakeholders on systems security status and threats
- Implement security awareness programs for the organization
- Work with development teams as necessary to support efforts to improve system security
- Familiarity with CIS Controls and (cisecurity.org)
Experience and Skills
- 7-10 years experience in network/system administration
- Proven experience in delivery of software security solutions
- Experience identifying and protecting against security vulnerabilities, including those found in the OWASP Top 10 and CWE Top 25
- Experience in secure software development preferably agile, devops, DevSecOps
- CEH CISSP Certification preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally with various internal/external stakeholders.
- Experience with cloud security solutions
Compensation & Benefits
At ITHAKA we believe in openness and equity. Part of living those values is our commitment to clarity about salary, so candidates know what to expect. The pay range for this position is $127,000-$159,000 per year. Base pay may vary with job-related knowledge, skills, experience, market location, and geography. Our total compensation package includes a no-cost health insurance premium option, an employer-funded retirement plan, and a generous paid time off program for all benefits-eligible staff.
Work for ITHAKA
We are committed to our organizational values of belonging, evidence, speed, teamwork, and trust. We take inclusion seriously. Belonging is one of our core values, and it shows in our vibrant culture. People from a wide range of backgrounds work at ITHAKA, and we believe that unique perspectives help us realize new insights and build better solutions.
We want to work with people who are passionate about ideas like these and who wish to contribute their perspectives and talents to ITHAKA’s mission. We enthusiastically welcome applications from people of all underrepresented backgrounds and credentials. We want to hear your story and include your perspective in the transformative work we aim to do.
Learn more about Working at ITHAKA.
Candidates may apply by submitting an application online through our career site, if you have any questions about your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. ITHAKA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if there’s anything we can do to accommodate any portion of the application or hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, domestic violence victim status, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, or other status protected by law.