ITHAKA’s mission is to expand access to knowledge and education around the world. Our services — Artstor, JSTOR, Portico, and Ithaka S+R — enable people everywhere to learn, to grow, and to overcome historical barriers to education. In carrying out our mission, as employees we feel a deep responsibility to each other and our well-being, and are committed to building and sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
ITHAKA works with the global higher education and research community to advance and preserve knowledge and to improve teaching and learning through the use of digital technologies around the world. In this role you will drive and support strategies to help grow participation and brand awareness across JSTOR’s products and services. Although territories are always subject to change to align with the needs of the organization, your current territory will cover Western Europe, the Americas, Australia, and New Zealand. You will conduct the sales and outreach efforts across several countries in your territory. In this role you will engage in proactive and reactive activities to drive participation and retention. You will use your interpersonal skills to develop relationships with people at institutions in the academic, research, and government sector.
- Partner with the regional manager to meet assigned OKR, revenue, and participation goals.
- Direct stakeholders through all stages of the customer journey. Generate new participation and ensure customer success.
- Maintain an accurate pipeline.
- Represent the organization through remote or in person demos and webinars or conference attendance.
- Maintain up to date product and technical knowledge.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization such as Marketing, Partner and User Support, Finance, and Outreach Enablement to perform sales activities.
- Ability to travel moderately (est. 20%).
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 2 years in direct sales and account management.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in digital publishing, with a preference for understanding the scholarly communications environment and familiarity with the current digital landscape.
- A proven record of success in meeting growth targets.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve customer success.
- Understanding of content license agreements.
- Exceptional email, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proven attention to detail and a keen eye for accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision and to prioritize diverse work assignments.
- Ability to work well as a team member; a willingness to actively participate in team projects and share ideas.
- Bachelor's degree
- Bilingual or multilingual in Spanish, German, French, and/or Italian
Compensation and Benefits
At ITHAKA we believe in openness and equity. Part of living those values is our commitment to clarity about salary, so candidates know what to expect. The pay range for this position is ($70,000.00 – $80,000.00) per year. Base pay may vary with job-related knowledge, skills, experience, market location, and geography. Our total compensation package includes a no-cost health insurance premium option, an employer-funded retirement plan, and a generous paid time off program for all benefits-eligible staff. #
Work for ITHAKA
We are committed to our organizational values of belonging, evidence, speed, teamwork, and trust. We take inclusion seriously. Belonging is one of our core values, and it shows in our vibrant culture. People from a wide range of backgrounds work at ITHAKA, and we believe that unique perspectives help us realize new insights and build better solutions.
We want to work with people who are passionate about ideas like these and who wish to contribute their perspectives and talents to ITHAKA’s mission. We enthusiastically welcome applications from people of all underrepresented backgrounds and credentials. We want to hear your story and include your perspective in the transformative work we aim to do.
Learn more about Working at ITHAKA.
Candidates may apply by submitting an application online through our career site, if you have any questions about your application, please contact us at email@example.com. ITHAKA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if there’s anything we can do to accommodate any portion of the application or hiring process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, domestic violence victim status, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, or other status protected by law.