ITHAKA’s mission is to expand access to knowledge and education around the world. Our services — Artstor, JSTOR, Portico, and Ithaka S+R — enable people everywhere to learn, to grow, and to overcome historical barriers to education. In carrying out our mission, as employees we feel a deep responsibility to each other and our well-being, and are committed to building and sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
The Operational Excellence (OE) team strives to create the organizational culture, structure, processes, and systems that will allow us to deliver valuable products and services while ensuring long-term sustainable growth. We are dedicated to helping ITHAKA prepare for the future by achieving aspiring goals, exceeding the expectations of our users, and creating an engaging work environment. The Business Analyst will work with various teams and leaders throughout the organization, with particular focus on human resources, finance, legal, and product/platform functions, bringing to life our core principles:
- Organizational Optimization: Using blue sky rethinking of our workflows and processes to become the best possible organization, guided by the principles of #evidence, consistency and simplicity.
- Continuous Improvement: Be a curiosity catalyst, encouraging everybody to ask questions: Why are we doing this? Should we be doing this? Can we do this better? The opportunity to improve is unlimited.
- Culture of Growth & Leadership: Establish and support a culture where everyone feels empowered to lead. Guide with humility and respect, working together and building #trust.
The Business Analyst, Operational Excellence will lead initiatives affecting teams, systems, and domains throughout the organization. In this pivotal role, you will function as a business-driven partner, integrator, and enabler of organizational change. You will facilitate problem-solving and help evaluate opportunities by providing insightful analysis that takes a holistic approach to our organization and platforms. Using blue-sky thinking and guided by evidence, consistency, and simplicity, you will model new functional capabilities, identify requirements, design innovative solutions, and devise strategies that will help ITHAKAns solve complex problems, improve workflows and processes, and maximize our service and product offerings in support of our mission.
- Lead cross-functional business analysis initiatives spanning integrated systems, domains, and functions.
- Identify and drive prioritization, implementation, and adoption of continuous improvement efforts to better support the people we serve.
- Work with Senior Analysts to implement the vision for workflow, process, data, and systems designs, proposing improvements and driving toward operational excellence.
- Model data, workflows, and business processes to drive scalability, efficiency, and cost reduction on the JSTOR platform and across business functions.
- Document improvement opportunities for the user, product, and enterprise levels, using modern business analysis methodologies.
- Streamline and redesign business processes.
- Elicit and track requirements and business rules throughout their lifecycle to provide alignment and traceability to organization and team objectives.
- Provide customer and technical artifacts to support the development of business optimization strategies.
- Facilitate communication between teams, business stakeholders, and functional leaders to ensure effective information flow and ongoing alignment.
- Participate in peer reviews of business analysis work completed by other Operational Excellence team members.
- Effectively prioritize work efforts and ensure alignment across teams.
- Approach work initiatives with curiosity and challenge the status quo to model operational excellence.
- Foster a culture that embraces and reinforces ITHAKA’s values.
Experience and Skills
- 3-5 years of relevant business analysis experience.
- 2-3 experience leading cross-functional business analysis initiatives spanning many integrated systems, domains, and functions, specifically in finance and human resources.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging lean or agile concepts and methodologies in your work with teams.
- Demonstrated experience with using multiple requirements elicitation techniques, such as Stakeholder Analysis, Observation, Interviews, Requirements Workshops, Prototyping, Focus Groups, Survey/Questionnaire, Document Analysis, Interface Analysis.
- Demonstrated experience at least 1 process modeling technique such as flow charts, Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN), and data flow diagrams.
- Demonstrated experience acting as an business or process analyst with at least 1 process improvement technique such as Lean Six Sigma (DMAIC, fishbone diagrams, SIPOC analysis) or Lean (5S, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Lean Coffee).
- Business analysis certification is a plus.
- Ability to think strategically and implement tactically.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships and facilitate decision-making across functions and organizational levels.
- Self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience setting and tracking key metrics to validate impact
- Understanding of systems engineering and technical concepts.
- Ability to conduct cost/benefit and impact analyses.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; able to work effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Flexible thinker who can see the business and customer needs in terms of system requirements.
Compensation and Benefits
At ITHAKA we believe in openness and equity. Part of living those values is our commitment to clarity about salary, so candidates know what to expect. The pay range for this position is $85,000 – $95,000 per year. Base pay may vary with job-related knowledge, skills, experience, market location, and geography. Our total compensation package includes a no-cost health insurance premium option, an employer-funded retirement plan, and a generous paid time off program for all benefits-eligible staff.
Work for ITHAKA
We are committed to our organizational values of belonging, evidence, speed, teamwork, and trust. We take inclusion seriously. Belonging is one of our core values, and it shows in our vibrant culture. People from a wide range of backgrounds work at ITHAKA, and we believe that unique perspectives help us realize new insights and build better solutions.
We want to work with people who are passionate about ideas like these and who wish to contribute their perspectives and talents to ITHAKA’s mission. We enthusiastically welcome applications from people of all underrepresented backgrounds and credentials. We want to hear your story and include your perspective in the transformative work we aim to do.
Learn more about Working at ITHAKA.
Candidates may apply by submitting an application online through our career site, if you have any questions about your application, please contact us at email@example.com. ITHAKA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if there’s anything we can do to accommodate any portion of the application or hiring process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, domestic violence victim status, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, or other status protected by law.