Experience Level: Senior Level (5+ years of Java)
Content Management Team
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join ITHAKA, a highly-successful non-profit with a mission to expand access to knowledge and education around the world whose brands include Artstor, Ithaka S+R, JSTOR, and Portico. Under the direction of the Director of Content Management Systems, the Senior Software Engineer will work as part of the CM systems applications team in designing, developing, enhancing, and supporting software/applications to support content management operations for ITHAKA. You will join a highly-collaborative team that is passionate about technology and the challenges of large-scale content and data management, that is driven to develop lasting and affordable solutions to operations teams and users.
As a Senior Engineer, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on high performing, high throughput multi-threaded applications and will need very good problem-solving and debugging skills, and come up with strategies to solve them. You will be part of a self-organizing team where architecting, designing and implementation of system enhancements are collectively determined and implemented along with QA engineers:
- Architect, design and implement features/enhancements as needed by the business.
- Perform analysis and improve performance and throughput of the systems.
- Identify bottlenecks, problems, and come up with strategies to resolve them.
- Identify and implement solutions for automated monitoring of the systems.
- Make improvements in the applications so that it needs lesser manual intervention and facilitates automated monitoring and correcting problems.
- Perform system maintenance and application deployments on a regular basis.
- Identify bottlenecks and problems in the architecture and suggest strategies to improve.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred.
- Excellent, demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a small team environment.
- Good aptitude to provide support to business users of the system.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Experience in designing and implementing backend applications using Java, Spring, Spring Boot, JPA, Hibernate, RDBMS, etc.
- Experience in service based architectures including web-services, service-discovery (Eureka).
- Experience in working with QA Engineers enhancing QA Automation frameworks using Cucumber/Selenium, etc.
- Experience in working with ELK stack, MongoDB, Kafka.
Compensation & Benefits
At ITHAKA we believe in openness and equity. Part of living those values is our commitment to clarity about salary, so candidates know what to expect. The pay range for this position is ($120,000.00 – $130,000.00) per year. Base pay may vary with job-related knowledge, skills, experience, market location, and geography. Our total compensation package includes a no-cost health insurance premium option, an employer-funded retirement plan, and a generous paid time off program for all benefits-eligible staff.
Work for ITHAKA
Learn more about Working at ITHAKA.