ITHAKA’s mission is to expand access to knowledge and education around the world. Our services — Artstor, JSTOR, Portico, and Ithaka S+R — enable people everywhere to learn, to grow, and to overcome historical barriers to education. In carrying out our mission, as employees we feel a deep responsibility to each other and our well-being, and are committed to building and sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
The Quality Software Engineering team works to ensure high quality outcomes by emphasizing continuous process improvement, user focus, and defect prevention and detection strategies. Our Quality Software Engineers are responsible for feature/function validation and verification, while also building and maintaining automation infrastructures and test suites in a Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Delivery (CD) environment. As a quality advocate, you will work closely with product managers, developers, and architects to design great user stories and to translate success criteria into testable deliverables.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience including a minimum of 5 years experience in automated software testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with the following tools, technologies, and techniques:
- UI automation tools such as Selenium and Cucumber
- Automated testing of RESTful services
- Object-oriented programming using Ruby, Java, or other OO languages
- CI/CD utilities such as Docker/Kubernetes, GitLab, and Jenkins
- Data-driven testing and relational databases such as PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Performance testing of web applications and services
- Test-first development (BDD, TDD, ATDD).
- Design and develop test automation frameworks and scripts for UI, database, and service APIs across many products and services.
- Perform user story validation including the use of exploratory test methodologies.
- Identify and document errors in the functionality, usability, and performance of the software using defect tracking tools.
- Participate in agile ceremonies to foster collaboration and continuous improvements on your scrum team.
- Interface closely with engineers and system architects to ensure applications are designed to be testable.
- Participate in debugging and root cause analysis of defects.
Compensation & Benefits
At ITHAKA we believe in openness and equity. Part of living those values is our commitment to clarity about salary ranges, so candidates know what to expect. The starting salary for this position ranges from $88,000 to $110,000 per year. Starting pay may vary with job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Our total compensation package for benefits-eligible employees includes employer-paid medical, dental, and vision plans, an employer-paid 10% retirement contribution, paid parental and caregiver leave, 22 days of paid time off, 11 paid holidays, 12 sick days, gym reimbursement, and more.
Work for ITHAKA
We are committed to our organizational values of belonging, evidence, speed, teamwork, and trust. We take inclusion seriously. Belonging is one of our core values, and it shows in our vibrant culture. People from a wide range of backgrounds work at ITHAKA, and we believe that unique perspectives help us realize new insights and build better solutions.
We want to work with people who are passionate about ideas like these and who wish to contribute their perspectives and talents to ITHAKA’s mission. We enthusiastically welcome applications from people of all underrepresented backgrounds and credentials. We want to hear your story and include your perspective in the transformative work we aim to do.
Learn more about Working at ITHAKA.
Candidates may apply by submitting an application online through our career site, if you have any questions about your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. ITHAKA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if there’s anything we can do to accommodate any portion of the application or hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, domestic violence victim status, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, or other status protected by law.