ITHAKA’s mission is to expand access to knowledge and education around the world. Our services — Artstor, JSTOR, Portico, and Ithaka S+R — enable people everywhere to learn, to grow, and to overcome historical barriers to education. In carrying out our mission, as employees we feel a deep responsibility to each other and our well-being, and are committed to building and sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
We are looking for an IT Services Engineer to join ITHAKA, a highly-successful non-profit with a mission to expand access to knowledge and education around the world whose brands include Artstor, Ithaka S+R, JSTOR, and Portico. As an IT Services Engineer, you will provide support to employees at all of ITHAKA’s locations, including employees located remotely. The Information Technology Services (ITS) team handles support requests in a dynamic, agile environment and is dedicated to improving technology around the organization and enhancing the customer experience.
The IT Services Engineer is responsible for providing knowledge guided customer centric support to the employees of ITHAKA. A successful IT Services Engineer is a professional position committed to being a trusted and knowledgeable resource for the organization and to the embodiment of our values every day.
- Provide technical support, including installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware, and software faults.
- Solve technical and applicationstools problems via multiple channels including email, phone, chat, and in-person service.
- Record the status of all incidents and requests using an issue tracking system (Freshservice).
- Regularly meet service standards and metrics for quality and responsiveness for the 5000+ issues reported annually.
- Maintain and manage desktop hardware and software while ensuring quality and consistency across the organization.
- Create and publish support content for troubleshooting and best practices that is accurate, high quality, engaging, and easy to understand for the benefit of the customer.
- Complete PC hardware and software moves, adds, and changes.
- Perform new employee setups, orientations, and help with terminated employees.
- PC and Mac client software installations and upgrades including installing, configuring, and testing.
- Work collaboratively with team members, customers, and various teams to implement technical projects to successfully support the organization.
- Understand the dependencies of a project to ensure proper alignment and coordination.
- Train customers in small groups onsite andor virtual.
- Able to travel and flex time between remote work and onsite work.
- Able to provide after-hours support with prompt response.
Experience and Skills
- College degree or comparable experience in a related field.
- At least 3-5 years of technical support experience.
- Experience in troubleshooting and supporting macOSX and Mac hardware in an enterprise environment.
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting Windows OS and Windows hardware in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of both Windows and Mac management software tools (Jamf Pro, Desktop Central, and Intune) or similar products.
- Experience with tracking incidents and requests in an issue ticketing system (Freshservice, Jira, etc.).
- Experience with troubleshooting and supporting Windows and Mac machine imaging.
- Experience with troubleshooting and supporting mobile devices (iOS, Android, Windows Mobile).
- Experience with supporting video conferencing tools and systems (Cisco Webex, MS Teams, GoogleMeet, Slack, etc.) and audiovisual equipment.
- Working knowledge of peripheral hardware such as printers, monitors, fax machines, copiers, etc.
- Experience with Active Directory and Azure AD (resetting passwords, joining machines to the domain, extending accounts, etc.).
- Working knowledge of remote connectivity software such as RDP and Cisco VPN.
- Experience with common networking concepts and basic networking troubleshooting and administration.
- Experience writing clear, concise technical documentation and accurate, non-technical summaries.
- Effective interpersonal and effective listening communication skills that allow for the sharing of ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to adapt in a constantly changing hybrid work environment where the majority of staff are remote.
- Certifications are desired, but not required: MCP, Network+, CompTIA A+, AppleCare Mac Technician (ACMT), Scripting.
- Committed to our organizational values of belonging, evidence, speed, teamwork, and trust.
Compensation & Benefits
At ITHAKA we believe in openness and equity. Part of living those values is our commitment to clarity about salary, so candidates know what to expect. The pay range for this position is ($60,000-$68,000) per year. Base pay may vary with job-related knowledge, skills, experience, market location, and geography. Our total compensation package includes a no-cost health insurance premium option, an employer-funded retirement plan, and a generous paid time off program for all benefits-eligible staff.
Work for ITHAKA
We are committed to our organizational values of belonging, evidence, speed, teamwork, and trust. We take inclusion seriously. Belonging is one of our core values, and it shows in our vibrant culture. People from a wide range of backgrounds work at ITHAKA, and we believe that unique perspectives help us realize new insights and build better solutions.
We want to work with people who are passionate about ideas like these and who wish to contribute their perspectives and talents to ITHAKA’s mission. We enthusiastically welcome applications from people of all underrepresented backgrounds and credentials. We want to hear your story and include your perspective in the transformative work we aim to do.
Learn more about Working at ITHAKA.
Candidates may apply by submitting an application online through our career site, if you have any questions about your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. ITHAKA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if there’s anything we can do to accommodate any portion of the application or hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, domestic violence victim status, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, or other status protected by law.