ITHAKA’s mission is to expand access to knowledge and education around the world. Our services — Artstor, JSTOR, Portico, and Ithaka S+R — enable people everywhere to learn, to grow, and to overcome historical barriers to education. In carrying out our mission, as employees we feel a deep responsibility to each other and our well-being, and are committed to building and sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
The Business Systems Analyst for Finance is responsible for the development, maintenance, and support of ITHAKA’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, Acumatica. This role will require extensive ongoing collaboration with colleagues in Finance, Engineering, and Product Management, as well as external consultants and vendors, to ensure that the ERP solution meets our evolving business needs.
You will be responsible for creating an environment in which everyone can do their best work without being distracted or delayed by problems with tools, processes, or strategy. You will lead and enable continuous improvement and operational excellence both within Finance and throughout the organization. This is a full-time position reporting to the Manager, Operational Excellence Enablement with a dotted line to the Assistant Controller.
- As Finance systems owner, provide timely user support for Acumatica (our internal finance platform) and ensure we meet or exceed related Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Own and maintain strong, productive relationships with the groups that help us maintain our platforms, including outside vendors and implementation partners.
- Use systems thinking to workshop process problems with business partners, identify solutions, document requirements, and effectively manage risks.
- Select, implement, and analyze insightful metrics to drive operational excellence in Finance operations, process governance, and performance against SLAs.
- Propose, champion, and manage projects to optimize Finance processes, especially cross-functional and cross-service processes.
- Analyze process problems and provide end-to-end support for solution development, working closely with business analysts and program managers.
- Support the implementation of automations, features, integrations, and workflows that add value to the customer journey and the organization.
- Create, maintain, and deliver high-quality, effective end-user and admin training and documentation.
- Implement and maintain interdepartmental feedback loops to develop key insights that drive process improvements.
- Approach work initiatives with an operational excellence mindset—showing curiosity, challenging the status quo, and questioning established processes or assumptions.
- Use appropriate project management methods to successfully lead cross-functional projects aligned with established objectives.
- Foster a culture that embraces and reinforces ITHAKA’s core values of belonging, evidence, teamwork, trust, and speed.
- At least three (3) years of experience in information technology, finance, business administration or a related field; bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field; or a combination.
- At least three (3) years of experience with implementation, administration, and/or optimization of a finance or accounting system.
- Demonstrated record of successful systems and process improvements and continuous on-time execution toward deliverables or milestones.
- Proven analytical skills driven by curiosity, evidence-based decision-making, and a willingness to experiment with new technologies and methodologies.
- Ability to work effectively with subject matter experts, senior leaders, and business users/stakeholders.
- Patient, supportive, transparent, and customer-focused communicator.
- Ability to build consensus, inspire teams, and lead effectively through influence rather than authority.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to complete tasks and projects with varying priorities and effort levels.
- One (1) year of relevant system solution development, testing, and implementation preferred; in Acumatica a plus.
- Verifiable ERP certification preferred.
- Experience supporting boundary applications such as Vertex/Avalara, Concur, and Adaptive is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with lean, agile, and traditional project management methodologies preferred.
- Proven understanding of Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) preferred.
- Tech savvy and proficiency with relevant tools such as Trello, Monday.com, JIRA, and Tableau a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
At ITHAKA we believe in openness and equity. Part of living those values is our commitment to clarity about salary, so candidates know what to expect. The pay range for this position is ($82,000 – $95,000) per year. Base pay may vary with job-related knowledge, skills, experience, market location, and geography. Our total compensation package includes a no-cost health insurance premium option, an employer-funded retirement plan, and a generous paid time off program for all benefits-eligible staff.
#LI-JS1 #LI-REMOTE #IND456
Work for ITHAKA
We are committed to our organizational values of belonging, evidence, speed, teamwork, and trust. We take inclusion seriously. Belonging is one of our core values, and it shows in our vibrant culture. People from a wide range of backgrounds work at ITHAKA, and we believe that unique perspectives help us realize new insights and build better solutions.
We want to work with people who are passionate about ideas like these and who wish to contribute their perspectives and talents to ITHAKA’s mission. We enthusiastically welcome applications from people of all underrepresented backgrounds and credentials. We want to hear your story and include your perspective in the transformative work we aim to do.
Learn more about Working at ITHAKA.
Candidates may apply by submitting an application online through our career site, if you have any questions about your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. ITHAKA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if there’s anything we can do to accommodate any portion of the application or hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, domestic violence victim status, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, or other status protected by law.