ITHAKA’s mission is to expand access to knowledge and education around the world. Our services — Artstor, JSTOR, Portico, and Ithaka S+R — enable people everywhere to learn, to grow, and to overcome historical barriers to education. In carrying out our mission, as employees we feel a deep responsibility to each other and our well-being, and are committed to building and sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
The purpose of the Partner and User Education team is to provide exceptional JSTOR product education that empowers our partners and users to be successful in their work. We serve an audience of more than 11,000 libraries and cultural institutions, content contributors, researchers, and students.
Partner and User Education team members collaborate with colleagues in Support, Product, and Marketing to improve our products and create great experiences for our partners and users. We focus on value-driven education over feature-driven training, and our approach is designed around key tasks that researchers need to accomplish. To meet the needs of a global audience with a small team, we prioritize asynchronous learning options that provide the right information at the right time for the communities we serve. We emphasize adherence to best practices for consistent results.
The Product Education Lead is primarily responsible for the creation, delivery, and evaluation of education content that leads to successful use of ITHAKA products and services, from onboarding new participants to helping long-time participants gain increasing value. Strategic thinking and a passion for customer education are key to success in this position.
- Collaborate on strategic plans for JSTOR education programs for external audiences.
- Create and maintain core educational materials that help our partners and users develop the skills needed to derive value from JSTOR.
- Plan and deliver compelling educational webinars and video tutorials.
- Contribute to, track, and apply best practices for product education.
- Partner with key departments in the promotion of our education program.
- Evaluate the impact of educational content and quantify usage. Identify barriers to using education content and propose solutions to remove these barriers.
- Advocate for user needs and work across teams to share use cases and feedback that inform product improvements.
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years experience in customer education, curriculum design, and/or experience with adult education.
- Passion for service to libraries, higher education, and other cultural institutions.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Professional presence with the ability to communicate complex concepts.
- Experience planning and delivering engaging webinars.
- Self-driven with an ability to manage multiple projects and priorities effectively.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across teams.
- Experience evaluating instructional impact, analytics, and reporting.
- Motivated learner.
Compensation & Benefits
At ITHAKA we believe in openness and equity. Part of living those values is our commitment to clarity about salary ranges, so candidates know what to expect. The starting salary for this position ranges from $60,000 – $65,000 per year. Starting pay may vary with job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Our total compensation package for benefits-eligible employees includes employer-paid medical, dental, and vision plans, an employer-paid 10% retirement contribution, paid parental and caregiver leave, 22 days of paid time off, 11 paid holidays, 12 sick days, gym reimbursement, and more.
#LI-JS1, #LI-REMOTE, #IND123, #IND456
Work for ITHAKA
We are committed to our organizational values of belonging, evidence, speed, teamwork, and trust. We take inclusion seriously. Belonging is one of our core values, and it shows in our vibrant culture. People from a wide range of backgrounds work at ITHAKA, and we believe that unique perspectives help us realize new insights and build better solutions.
We want to work with people who are passionate about ideas like these and who wish to contribute their perspectives and talents to ITHAKA’s mission. We enthusiastically welcome applications from people of all underrepresented backgrounds and credentials. We want to hear your story and include your perspective in the transformative work we aim to do.
Learn more about Working at ITHAKA.
Candidates may apply by submitting an application online through our career site, if you have any questions about your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. ITHAKA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if there’s anything we can do to accommodate any portion of the application or hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, domestic violence victim status, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, or other status protected by law.