ITHAKA’s mission is to expand access to knowledge and education around the world. Our services — Artstor, JSTOR, Portico, and Ithaka S+R — enable people everywhere to learn, to grow, and to overcome historical barriers to education. In carrying out our mission, as employees we feel a deep responsibility to each other and our well-being, and are committed to building and sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
Remote, New York, Ann Arbor, or Princeton
As Senior Business Systems Analyst, you will play a key role within the Business Systems team at ITHAKA. This includes working closely cross-functionally with leadership, colleagues, implementation partners and vendors as we transform our lead-to-cash capabilities. You will use keen business process understanding, appreciation for simplicity and quality, critical thinking, and a bit of elbow grease to craft holistic solutions that meet business and technology objectives while furthering ITHAKA’s goals.
You will be part of the core team that handles designing, building and maintaining the Salesforce (SFDC) platform and related technologies. Your initial priorities will focus on deploying Salesforce to the organization which will be instrumental in informing our future direction and success. More generally, you will be a crucial part of a dynamic, energized, and agile team; delivering leading edge solutions that are used by our business teams to advance our mission but also to process millions of dollars in business transactions each month.
You will also serve as a product owner of the Salesforce platform, particularly CRM and CPQ. You will be responsible for both the strategic aspects and the ongoing operational aspects of the platform. You will be responsible for creating an environment in which everyone can do their best work without being distracted or delayed by problems with tools, processes, or strategy. Some examples of critical internal systems that you will partner with others to deliver value include Marketing, Sales, CRM, CPQ, Billing, ERP, Customer Support, and Contract Management.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Head of Business Systems with a dotted line to the Manager, Operational Excellence Enablement.
- System ownership – drive system enhancement efforts to deliver value to the users through requirements elicitation, configuration, administration, development and application support.
- Relationships – Build and maintain effective relationships both internally with colleagues and externally with partners/vendors.
- Strategic – develop and be accountable for a vision, strategy, and roadmap to transform our lead-to-cash capabilities.
- Mentorship – develop the skills of other staff around you so that you can address gaps and spread the workload.
- Process Optimization – Analyze process problems and provide end-to-end support for solution development, working closely with business analysts and program managers.
- Business Analysis – Use systems thinking to workshop process problems, identify solutions, document requirements, and effectively manage risks.
- User Support – provide timely user support for Salesforce and ensure we meet or exceed related Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Project Management/Leadership – Propose, champion, and deliver on projects to optimize business processes, especially cross-functional and cross-service processes.
- Documentation – Create, maintain, and deliver high-quality, effective end-user and admin training and documentation.
- Metrics – Select, implement, and examine insightful metrics to derive a strategy and course of action for operational excellence in business operations, process governance, and performance against SLAs.
- Culture – Foster a culture that embraces and reinforces ITHAKA’s core values of belonging, evidence, teamwork, trust, and speed.
Experience and Skills
- System ownership – Proven recent experience designing and supporting large scale, technically complex solutions on Salesforce especially, implementing the Customer Relationship Management (CRM), CPQ and associated ecosystem.
- System Capabilities – Proficiency with capabilities of Salesforce Sales Cloud, CPQ and associated ecosystem.
- Strategic – Experience playing a strategic/product owner role for Salesforce platform and an in-depth knowledge of CRM strategy and Salesforce’s best practices.
- Business process – Deep knowledge of B2B sales, marketing, and support processes and experience delivering process improvements in those areas.
- Learning – Motivated to learn and apply new technologies and methodologies quickly and identify when more upskilling is needed.
- Communication – You are able to explain complex systems and technical topics in a clear, concise way to others who may have minimal technical knowledge using oral, written, and visual presentations. You are a patient, supportive, transparent, and customer-focused communicator.
- Agile team – experience working with an agile dev team on customization/extension work.
- Influence – Ability to build consensus, inspire teams, and lead effectively through influence rather than authority.
- Certified in one or more of the following: Admin Super Set, Business Analyst, CPQ Specialist.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with a Salesforce tech stack that includes Pardot and Revenue Cloud.
Compensation & Benefits
At ITHAKA we believe in openness and equity. Part of living those values is our commitment to clarity about salary, so candidates know what to expect. The pay range for this position is ($90,592 – $113,250) per year. Base pay may vary with job-related knowledge, skills, experience, market location, and geography. Our total compensation package includes a no-cost health insurance premium option, an employer-funded retirement plan, and a generous paid time off program for all benefits-eligible staff.
#LI-JS1, #LI-REMOTE, #IND123, #IND456
Work for ITHAKA
We are committed to our organizational values of belonging, evidence, speed, teamwork, and trust. We take inclusion seriously. Belonging is one of our core values, and it shows in our vibrant culture. People from a wide range of backgrounds work at ITHAKA, and we believe that unique perspectives help us realize new insights and build better solutions.
We want to work with people who are passionate about ideas like these and who wish to contribute their perspectives and talents to ITHAKA’s mission. We enthusiastically welcome applications from people of all underrepresented backgrounds and credentials. We want to hear your story and include your perspective in the transformative work we aim to do.
Learn more about Working at ITHAKA.
Candidates may apply by submitting an application online through our career site, if you have any questions about your application, please contact us at email@example.com. ITHAKA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if there’s anything we can do to accommodate any portion of the application or hiring process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, domestic violence victim status, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, or other status protected by law. We invite you to read our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement.