ITHAKA’s mission is to expand access to knowledge and education around the world. Our services — Artstor, JSTOR, Portico, and Ithaka S+R — enable people everywhere to learn, to grow, and to overcome historical barriers to education. In carrying out our mission, as employees we feel a deep responsibility to each other and our well-being, and are committed to building and sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
As Senior Salesforce Developer, you will play a key role within the Business Systems team at ITHAKA. This includes working closely with leadership and internal customers as we transform our lead-to-cash capabilities. Working cross functionally with a broad set of business and technical partners (including external consultants and vendors), you will use your extensive technical knowledge of the Salesforce platform and ecosystem, appreciation for simplicity and quality, critical thinking, and a bit of elbow grease to craft holistic solutions that meet business and technology priorities while furthering ITHAKA’s long range goals.
You will be part of the core team that handles designing, building, and maintaining the Salesforce (SFDC) platform and related technologies supporting the organization. More generally, you will be a crucial part of a dynamic, energized, and agile team; delivering leading edge solutions that are used by our business teams to process millions of dollars in business transactions each month.
You will also serve as a technical owner of the Salesforce platform, with a primary focus on CRM and CPQ. You will design, build, extend, and integrate our internal systems (in particular SFDC platform) to meet our business needs. You will also spend your time playing technical architect and lead developer roles for the team, improving team performance and systems and mentoring/upskilling team members on our new SFDC platform. You will be a key technical resource and leader with a solid, broad technical expertise and vast experience in most areas of the lead-to-cash product/stack.
Some examples of critical internal systems that you will likely work with include Marketing, Sales, CRM, CPQ, Billing, ERP, Customer Support, and Contract Management. This is a full-time position reporting to the Head of Business Systems.
Your primary responsibilities as a Senior Salesforce Developer:
- Design, build, and maintain the Salesforce (SFDC) platform and related technologies supporting the organization.
- Work closely with product and technical leadership to understand the future business direction with the goal of architecting the platform optimally.
- Be a positive influence on the team through leading design reviews, partnering with other developers on the team, improving team practices/technology and ensuring adherence to coding and testing standards to deliver value to the business quickly.
- Work closely with technical leadership to guide and mentor the team with making sound technical choices that bring maximum benefit to the business and minimize costs.
- Interact with internal users and stakeholders to understand needs and work closely with technical leadership to lead initiatives and drive the development of the services and applications to meet those needs.
- Participate as a senior member of an agile team by leveraging continuous deployment and test automation in order to deploy application changes to production on average at least once a day.
- Support the build out of high-performance, elastic, and scalable web applications and web services.
- Leverage analytics to measure impact and value of what we deliver.
- Deploy and mature automated release and testing practices to ensure high quality release practices, including migrations of metadata, data, security, and access configurations.
- Examine and improve web application performance using tools like AppDynamics that give deep insight of application performance through instrumentation in test and production environments.
The successful candidate will have several years of applicable experience leading Salesforce development efforts, a high degree of curiosity, excellent communication and exceptional leadership skills. We look for candidates that have solid problem recognition and problem-solving skills and a passion for innovation.
- Expert level understanding of SFDC architecture, processes, products, app ecosystem, and best practices.
- Expert level skills with all types of SFDC administration, development, migration, configuration, and custom app design and development.
- Proficiency with Sales Cloud and CPQ.
- Proficient with AWS infrastructure (S3, SNS/SQS, RDS/MySQL, ElasticCache, EC2/VPC).
- Proficient with git and Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Experience leading efforts around implementation and ongoing development of SFDC environments.
- Experience with full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, caching, and security), SaaS, shell scripting, Ruby, ETL, data analysis.
- Experience with the Agile process.
- Experience with testing frameworks, writing unit tests and TDD.
- Willingness and ability to learn new approaches and emerging technology quickly.
- Proficient with designing and developing RESTful Services and Web Applications using Java (Spring, Hibernate); and deep knowledge with relational SQL.
- Experience with Pardot, Billing, Mulesoft, Tableau, Slack, and their ecosystems.
- Experience with micro-service architecture and building web scale/high volume systems.
- Certified in one or more of the following: Platform Developer II, Application Architect, System Architect, Technical Architect.
Compensation & Benefits
At ITHAKA we believe in openness and equity. Part of living those values is our commitment to clarity about salary, so candidates know what to expect. The pay range for this position is $104,196 – $130,245 per year. Base pay may vary with job-related knowledge, skills, experience, market location, and geography. Our total compensation package includes a no-cost health insurance premium option, an employer-funded retirement plan, and a generous paid time off program for all benefits-eligible staff.
Work for ITHAKA
We are committed to our organizational values of belonging, evidence, speed, teamwork, and trust. We take inclusion seriously. Belonging is one of our core values, and it shows in our vibrant culture. People from a wide range of backgrounds work at ITHAKA, and we believe that unique perspectives help us realize new insights and build better solutions.
We want to work with people who are passionate about ideas like these and who wish to contribute their perspectives and talents to ITHAKA’s mission. We enthusiastically welcome applications from people of all underrepresented backgrounds and credentials. We want to hear your story and include your perspective in the transformative work we aim to do.
Learn more about Working at ITHAKA.
Candidates may apply by submitting an application online through our career site, if you have any questions about your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. ITHAKA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if there’s anything we can do to accommodate any portion of the application or hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, domestic violence victim status, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, or other status protected by law. We invite you to read our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement.