ITHAKA’s mission is to expand access to knowledge and education around the world. Our services — Artstor, JSTOR, Portico, and Ithaka S+R — enable people everywhere to learn, to grow, and to overcome historical barriers to education. In carrying out our mission, as employees we feel a deep responsibility to each other and our well-being, and are committed to building and sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
ITHAKA, a highly-successful non-profit with brands including Artstor, Ithaka S+R, JSTOR, and Portico and a mission to expand access to knowledge and education around the world, is searching for a Senior Business Systems Analyst who has a proven record of skillfully executing impactful Salesforce implementations. As product owner of our new Salesforce platform, you will use your deep business process experience and your intense focus on simplicity and quality to craft holistic solutions that drive ITHAKA’s mission forward.
You will be part of the core team that designs, builds, and maintains the Salesforce platform and related technologies. After playing an integral role in our successful Salesforce build and deployment, you will be the product owner of the Salesforce platform. Your input will be crucial to our continuous improvement efforts, and you will be accountable for both Salesforce strategy and ongoing operations. You will work cross-functionally at all levels of the organization while reporting to the Manager, Operational Excellence Enablement with a dotted line to the Director, Business Systems.
- Be accountable for the vision, strategy, and roadmap for our lead-to-cash capabilities.
- Drive system improvements by ensuring effective requirements elicitation, configuration, administration, development, and application support for our Salesforce platform.
- Delegate work to other Salesforce administrators to drive value for the system and help them build their skills on the platform.
- Use systems thinking to workshop process problems, identify solutions, document requirements, and effectively manage risks.
- Propose, champion, and deliver on projects to optimize lead-to-cash processes.
- Provide timely user help for Salesforce and ensure we meet or exceed related Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Select, implement, monitor, and analyze insightful metrics to derive a strategy and course of action for operational excellence in business operations, process governance, and performance against SLAs.
- Create, maintain, and deliver high-quality, effective end-user and admin training and documentation.
- Build and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Model the operational excellence mindset by approaching work initiatives with curiosity and challenging the status quo.
- Foster a culture that embraces and reinforces ITHAKA’s core values of belonging, evidence, teamwork, trust, and speed.
- 5+ years of experience with strategic ownership of a Salesforce platform including vision, roadmap, and work prioritization, preferably in educational technology or higher education environments.
- 3+ years of expertise in process analysis and improvement for lead-to-cash processes, including business to business (B2B) sales, marketing, and support processes.
- Deep knowledge of best practices for customer relationship management generally and Salesforce platforms in particular.
- Experience designing and supporting large scale, technically complex solutions on Salesforce.
- Proficient in Salesforce Sales Cloud and CPQ, evidenced by Salesforce Certified Administrator or Advanced Administrator.
- Actively seek opportunities to upskill and apply new technologies through continuous learning.
- Patient, supportive, transparent, and customer-focused communicator. Ability to explain complex topics in a clear, concise way to others who may have minimal knowledge.
- Experience working on an agile development team that handles customizations and/or extensions.
- Ability to build consensus, inspire teams, and lead effectively through influence rather than authority.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner a plus.
- Experience with Pardot, MuleSoft, or Revenue Cloud a plus. Admin Super Set, Business Analyst, or CPQ specialist certification a plus.
ITHAKA is not currently considering candidates who require any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States.
Compensation & Benefits
At ITHAKA we believe in openness and equity. Part of living those values is our commitment to clarity about salary ranges, so candidates know what to expect. The starting salary for this position ranges from $92,000 to $110,000 per year. Starting pay may vary with job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Our total compensation package for benefits-eligible employees includes employer-paid medical, dental, and vision plans, an employer-paid 10% retirement contribution, paid parental and caregiver leave, 22 days of paid time off, 11 paid holidays, 12 sick days, gym reimbursement, and more.
#LI-JS1, #LI-REMOTE, #IND123, #IND456
Work for ITHAKA
We are committed to our organizational values of belonging, evidence, speed, teamwork, and trust. We take inclusion seriously. Belonging is one of our core values, and it shows in our vibrant culture. People from a wide range of backgrounds work at ITHAKA, and we believe that unique perspectives help us realize new insights and build better solutions.
We want to work with people who are passionate about ideas like these and who wish to contribute their perspectives and talents to ITHAKA’s mission. We enthusiastically welcome applications from people of all underrepresented backgrounds and credentials. We want to hear your story and include your perspective in the transformative work we aim to do.
Learn more about Working at ITHAKA.
Although ITHAKA has physical offices in New York and Ann Arbor, Michigan, our employees are distributed across the continental United States. At this time, we’re not considering candidates who are unable to work and reside in the continental U.S.
Candidates may apply by submitting an application online through our career site, if you have any questions about your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. ITHAKA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if there’s anything we can do to accommodate any portion of the application or hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, domestic violence victim status, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, or other status protected by law. We invite you to read our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement.